Good design, streamlined functionality and engaging content are the foundations of a successful website. But a good website also needs to be easy to navigate and administer. Websites are mostly built using Content Management Systems (CMS). Some CMS work within your own web hosting account (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, CMS Made Simple), while others take a wholistic approach and provide both the hosting and the CMS as a single "platform" (e.g. Wix, Squarespace). The price for website hosting can vary widely, as can the ease of use. Some systems are more easy to customise than others.
I can take the hassle out of setting up and maintaining your website. Why pay many thousands of dollars for bells and whistles you don't need?
- WordPress – the world’s most popular CMS and blogging platform that is capable of building just about anything you can imagine! The WordPress core is open source and hence free to use. However, much of the functionality comes from additional "plugins", many of which require ongoing subscriptions and regular updates. (Note: WordPress can become quite 'bloated' and complex from that aspect.)
- CMS Made Simple – a CMS platform that is easy to administer with a sensible user interface. Don't let the word "simple" fool you. CMSMS is capable of creating websites that are beautiful and highly functional as well as easy to manage and update. It does not require expensive plugins to create
- Static websites using html5, PHP, MySQL - If you don't need a complex CMS then sometimes the oldskool hard coded approach is what is needed. I have experience in creating customised websites from HTML, PHP and MySQL e.g. a website that provides a custom "front end" for an online service API.
- Assistance with domain name registration and Web hosting setup.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) to help your website get noticed.